Digital Transactions News Briefs from 9/29/21
Sep 29, 2021
- The air-travel payments provider UATP said its platform will be integrated with Uber Wallet, allowing travelers to use their UATP accounts with Uber and Uber Eats.
- Discover Network said it will work with Phood Solutions Inc., a food-payment and delivery platform for college students, to provide a mobile app that allows students to load a meal plan along with plan dollars for use with DoorDash and other services. Payments will be backed by a Discover prepaid card cobranded with Phood.
- EVO Payments Inc. said it will offer mobile-first payment terminals from Infinite Peripherals to its merchants along with a centralized Web-based transaction data portal.
- Square Inc. announced Square X TikTok, featuring an integration with short-form mobile-video platform TikTok that allows Square sellers to direct traffic from TikTok content to corresponding products on their Square Online store.
- The conversational commerce platform Quiq said it has added payments capability through text messaging, Apple Business Chat, Google Business Messages, Webchat, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and other channels.
- Payments provider Payrailz launched Miss a Payment, a service that uses machine learning to isolate patterns in how users pay bills and then alerts them when they depart from the pattern.
- Digital-asset marketplace Bakkt Marketplace LLC has launched a program with Choice Hotels International Inc. allowing members of the Choice Privileges rewards program to use the Bakkt app to convert rewards points to cash that can be used to buy Bitcoin or to shop at stores that accept Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- A corporate disbursement app called Teampay has been integrated with Microsoft Teams, an app that allows individuals to collaborate online.
- Payments provider Paysafe Ltd. announced it is working with Shelby Financial Corp., a provider of escrow services for the travel industry, to safeguard ticket payments to U.S. air carriers against the backdrop of travel disruptions.
To view this article, click here.